Thursday, September 20, 2007

the end is near

it's official.... i can graduate this spring! that is if i can get one more paper ready for publication to include in my dissertation. that's great news! i think my committee gave me some good advice and motivated me about writing proposals for academic jobs. the applications for US fellowships and astronomy-related academic post-docs are all due in october thru december. "real" jobs in industrial fields or with more independently funded businesses are more interested in people who can start immediately, so i'm not applying for those yet.

anyway, i'm excited and overwhelmed at the same time because my committee also reminded me of just how much work i have to do between now and next may!

at least i've had some time for fun!



fun with refraction and underwater cameras!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats Amanda!