Tuesday, May 20, 2008

worry

this weekend my grandparents gave me a book called everyday wisdom, by dr. wayne w. dyer. i just opened to a random quote that reads:
there's nothing to worry about --- ever!!
either you have control or you don't.
if you do, take control; if you don't,
dismiss it. don't waste your energy on worry.

over the last several months, i'd say i spent a fair bit of time worrying about the outcome of my dissertation defense, but as the quote points out... i had control over my destiny. i agree that worry over things i have no control over is pointless, but i feel this goal was something i had control over. focus energy on things that are possible to change.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, but you don't want to worry even if you have control. If you have a plan and follow the plan, then the result is you either learn from success or you learn from mistake. Maybe you should worry if you don't have a plan :)

Also, I believe there is a relationship with high blood pressure

Unsui said...

Two Universes One around you and one within.You are studying evolution,expansion and future of one.All the while the other universe has similar needs,need to study its evolution, expansion and Future. There is lot of literature in this area, This work everyday wisdom is just tip of the iceberg.

And every hour of every day I'm learning more
The more I learn, the less I know about before
The less I know, the more I want to look around
Digging deep for clues on higher ground...

Anonymous said...

What if you COULD have control over things, but there are a LOT of things (kids, job, house falling apart, money) and no time. That still causes worry. They are not out of my control, but I have no time to control them!